Fork and Pedal live by this philosophy. EAT, DRINK, EXPLORE.
It is no secret that some of the best wine in the world is produced right here in this region. We are passionate about good food, beautiful scenery and even better wine. Imagine sipping on a glass of Central Otago Pinot Noir or a beautiful crafted beer from a local brewery as you bask in the stunning surrounds. Meet locals, pedal at your own pace and choose a route that suits you and the rest of your group. We are your best choice when wanting to add an activity to your Queenstown escape. Whether you opt for guided or self guided, you can sit back, pedal and relax as you explore this stunning region at your leisure.
Sustainable Business Practices
Fork and Pedal Tours is passionate about the environment so has put the following things into practice to try and run the business in a sustainable way.
- Providing reusable water bottle to customers instead of single use. These are washed and sterilized after each use.
- Our picnic lunches provided by Provisions cafe come in paper bags and food is wrapped in paper not plastic. The paper is then recycled.
- Customers fill out a digital waiver instead of paper forms.
- Guides/drivers use apps to view their pick-ups for the day not paper print outs.
- The Fork and Pedal office is about 90% paperless.
- Cycling is much better for the environment and for your health....win win.
- We are Queenstown Trail Trust partner and our support helps them maintain and build new bike tracks. Eventually linking our region and reducing the need for a car.
Health & Safety
Fork and Pedal Tours have a big focus on the health and safety of our staff, customers and business practices. We are audited by an external auditor OutdoorsidMark. OutdoorsMark specialise in safety audits for the outdoor sector. Our aim is provide high quality safe equipment and advice to our customers so they can have an enjoyable experience and return home safely at the end of the day.
Meet Your Host
Kate Scrimshaw - Owner/Guide
A keen mountain biker, snowboarder, foodie and home brewer. Kate has successfully combined the above and created her newest venture here in Queenstown with Fork and Pedal Tours. After gallivanting around the world for a few years, Kate is now keen to share what she learnt along the way with her passion for the outdoors during your customisable trip around the wineries. She is passionate about the world, sustainable tourism and has a love for supporting local businesses. Kate will professionally guide you through the vines providing you with excellent local knowledge of the area. She looks forward to meeting tour-goers and inviting them into her world, showcasing the epic scenery and impressive selection of food, wine and craft beer being produced in the region. So wether you are opting for the guided tour, self guided or another service Kate offers here at Fork and Pedal, she looks forward to meeting you and helping you create great memories while here in Queenstown.