Fork & Pedal Tours Terms
1. PAYMENT IN FULL - Prepayment by credit card and subsequent confirmation by FORK AND PEDAL LIMITED is accepted as confirmation of your booking.
All transactions are conducted in New Zealand Dollars (NZD). Due to exchange rate fluctuations, at times there may be some variance in the amounts refunded compared to the amount initially charged. FORK AND PEDAL LIMITED does not accept any liability for these variances or any subsequent credit card/bank charges relating to these transfers to customer's accounts.
2. CHANGES – FORK AND PEDAL LIMITED reserve the right to amend timetables, cancel departures, substitute plant and equipment and alter ticket prices at any time.
If a cancellation is made within 24 hours of arrival day, loss of 100% of the total booking price.
If a cancellation is made within 48 hours of arrival day, loss of 50% of the total booking price
In the event of a cancellation or amendment to your booking, notification period is in NZ time (NZST).
4. INHERENT RISK AND SAFETY – The Client accepts that cycling and associated activities have inherent risks, and can be dangerous. The Client understands that these risks include (but are not limited to): illness, navigational difficulties, rough riding conditions, poor weather, highway crossings and collisions, all of which may occur in isolated areas. The Client accepts all responsibility and liability for ensuring their own safety. FORK AND PEDAL LIMITED reserve the right to withdraw any person who it believes is likely to be a danger to themselves or others.
5. CLIENT LIABILITY – To the extent permitted by law I hereby release, waive, discharge, hold blameless and indemnify FORK AND PEDAL LTD and all persons entities and contractors connected to FORK AND PEDAL LIMITED from any and all liability for death, disability, personal injury (including mental injury), property damage, property theft, loss of personal equipment and all other foreseeable risks, claims or actions of any kind (including negligence) whatever and however occurring which may arise, at any time, from or in connection with, directly or indirectly, as a consequence of me carrying out the activities detailed in my itinerary. The client must provide their own travel insurance to cover their expenses in cases of unforeseen circumstances. The client must provide any medical details that may adversely affect their participation (e.g. asthma, pregnancy, chronic conditions) at the time of booking, so that we may discuss contingency planning with you.
6. PERSONAL POSSESSIONS – The client acknowledges that they have sole responsibility for their personal possessions while undertaking the activity.
7. BIKE HIRE
7.1 All rental equipment is hired at the risk of the Hirer.
7.2 The Hirer confirms that the personal information supplied is correct.
7.3 The Hirer accepts full responsibility for the care and security of the equipment for the full duration of the hire period and will return the equipment by the due date and time.
7.4 In the event that the bike is damaged or any accessories also hired are beyond repair – lost or stolen – the hirer will be charged the full replacement cost of the item. Noting that we will only pass on the wholesale cost (inc GST) of the component plus any labour.
7.5 The Hirer authorises Fork and Pedal Limited to debit the Hirers credit card for any monies still owing in respect of the hire, at the end of the hire period, should the rental equipment be returned late.
7.6 The customer shall incur any expenses, disbursements and legal costs incurred by Fork and Pedal Limited in the collection of any overdue amounts owing.
7.7 The Hirer indemnifies Fork and Pedal Limited for any responsibility and liability in the unfortunate case of injury or damage while biking.
7.8 The Hirer authorises Fork and Pedal Limited to store their personal details/data for use by Fork and Pedal Limited for business purposes only.
7.9 The Hirer has read and understood the Terms & Conditions of this hire agreement as agrees to be bound by them.
8. NEW ZEALAND LAW – This agreement is governed in all respects by the laws of New Zealand and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand. Visitors to New Zealand must have full insurance due to limited ACC cover. Note that these Terms and Conditions are subject to any rights or remedies the Client may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
9. Your booking is accepted on the basis that you acknowledge that you have read, understand and accept our terms and conditions.
Disclaimer - Terms, prices and conditions are all subject to change without notice, prior to booking.